There is a lot going on now! The release of Volta is in full swing and thus things are stirred and wheels are whirred into motion!
- There's a contest over at IMEEM for US fans; Enter the Björk Poster Design Contest for a chance to win a trip for two to see Björk LIVE @ Shoreline Amphitheatre on May 19th in Mountain View, CA (including flights, hotel, and 2 passes!). In addition, 2000 Limited Edition posters of the winning design will be printed and handed out at the show.
- Nothing can be confirmed for a second single, but we hear that Michel Gondry and Björk are throwing ideas at each other. Which is good! He's done a few by now; from her very first Human Behaviour on Debut, onto Army Of Me, Isobel and Hyperballad on Post, to Jóga and Bachelorette on Homogenic.
Gondry and Björk met up recently, one week ago to be exact, in New York when The Lower Manhattan Cultural Center honoured them both as "artistic visionaries" at the Downtown Dinner spring benefit.
- Moving on to some tour news - don't forget to check the holy trinity of the gigography, the tour blog and the live section of the forum for all the latest on what goes on at the gigs.
Latest news is that the opening act on the Chicago show on saturday will be none other than Ghostigital, so Björk will be sharing the stage with Einar Örn yet again (6 months since the Sugarcubes reunion gig in Iceland) - not simultaneously though, as he will need the space to fit Curver and the rest of the musicians on the stage, so they can perform their own songs. And then the lovely Joanna Newsom fills in as opening act for next tuesday and saturday. Here's a snuggly snapshot by Erik (grinning in the middle) from when Björk attended Joanna's two gigs in Iceland a year ago.
- Volta is hitting the charts, and it looks good! You can check out the latest positions in this forum thread.
- MTV have chosen Björk as Artist Of The Week!
- There's a new interview online up at the Chicago Tribune, another at Me Me Me TV, yet another in the New York Post (where Timbaland describes working with Björk as "incredible, it was like working with myself! She is so creative and unafraid to take chances."). You can find other interviews in magazines such as ID, PULSE, Attitude, GQ, Uncut and more. Keep your eyes open!
- The 5th iTunes Podcast is out with a lovely spotlight on Dull Flame Of Desire and Antony Hegarty.